Buying Italian Property at Auction
If you are looking for a bargain it is worth considering a distressed sale which is for sale at auction or is due to be auctioned soon.
In other countries people may choose to sell a property at auction. In Italy it goes to auction if being sold off by the bank or receiver due to non payment of debts/charges on the property, to recoup the debt owed.
Thanks to our huge network of contacts, and a lot of searching, we are able to let you know when we find something we feel is a great property which meets the criteria of most foreign buyers, and which available at a very low price, much less than the market value. We can fully assist including providing initial information, viewing, and taking you right through the auction process until the property is yours.
A few things to bear in mind;
– it is usually possible to agree a sale with the bank before a property goes to auction. We can assist fully.
– if the property goes to auction and does not sell, a date will be set for the next auction, at a lower price (usually 10% lower than last time it went to auction).
– fees and taxes are payable.
– properties going to auction have already been surveyed and a full survey is available to have a look at.
– we can assist you fully the whole way through the process.
– in order to bid at the auction you need to be there (or delegate someone to be present) with a deposit in the form of a bankers draft.
– once you have paid the balance you may not receive the keys for a while, when the case is closed.
– few people attend Italian auctions, they are often completely deserted, so you stand a good chance of winning!
– if you are ready to buy and willing to put in a little bit of extra effort, you can find a great bargain.
Here are a few of our current distressed properties available at or before auction;
V3693AB Val D’Orcia Farmhouse with 5 Apartments + 39 Hectares auction date Sept/Oct 2017
V3896AB Castle near Assisi for Sale at Auction at Bargain Price valued at over €4 million, available for a minimum bid of €736,000 + costs. Photos available on request.
V2739AB Beautiful Tuscan Castle for Sale
V4025AB Apartment in Castle with Pool and Tennis Court auction date 28.9.17
V2421LV Baroque Villa with Olive Groves and Vineyard auction date 19.9.17
Please ask for more details if you are interested.