Right outside the medieval village of Potenza Picena, at the end of a white road, hidden amongst pines and olive trees, a beautifully restored country house discloses.
Two big olive trees welcome you and show you the way to the house, whose total area is 225 sq.m. on 2 floors and a mezzanine. The building is divided as follows:
– Ground floor: big living area. The main door leads you directly to the wide lounge with fireplace. On your left, divided by a row of arches, you can find the kitchen and dining room. Here a big french window leads out to the big portico (64 sq.m.), where you can enjoy alfresco dinners with your guest. On this floor, there is also a bathroom which, according to tradition, was built out of the perimeter of the house (but still accessible from inside). The floor is in cotto tiles. The ceiling has been left as it was originally: half with barrel vaults and half with original wood beams. Also the lamps are original and they are characterized by the old pulley system to set the hight of the lamp. An iron and wood staircase, leads you to the first floor.
– First floor: it can be accessed both by the internal staircase and via the external stone staircase, which is the original one. Although it’s a sleeping area, you can find a nice lounge, where you can relax before going to sleep or that you can use as a reading area, far from the living room on the ground floor. Here the are 3 big bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. The views from the windows are overlooking the surrounding countryside, which is mainly planted with vineyards changing colours each season, from green in the spring to deep red during autumn.
– Mezzanine: from the lounge, you can access the mezzanine, where you can find a small living area, a bedroom and a bathroom.
The property sits on a 3.650 sq.m land with private well and 30 olive trees. From the garden, you can enjoy a beautiful view over the multicoloured countryside of region Marche.
There is the possibility to build a very private swimming pool in the back garden and there is already an annex (40 sq.m.), fully restored, currently used as a storage, which may be used as a changing room for the pool.
A second annex (56 sq.m.) is used as a garage and it may also be useful as a second storage.
Although just 400 mts from the main road and 2 kms away from the town centre, silence is all around and the only sound you can hear, is that of rustling leaves. The house can’t be seen from the main road, which is a further guarantee of privacy.
This property is a good investment both as a private home and as a rental property: there are many interesting places that can be reached from Potenza Picena in just a few kilometres.
The Adriatic Sea and beaches are only 4 kms away. On the opposite side, many ski resorts can be reached in less than one hours’ drive.
The Conero Park and the amazing beaches of Sirolo (the pearl of the Adriatic sea) are just 18 kms away. In the surroundings you can visit many Medieval villages, some of them officially listed amongst the most beautiful villages in Italy. The beautiful shrine of Loreto, attracting pilgrims from all over the world, can be reached in just 15 minutes by car.
You can have all you need and a great beauty at your fingertips, you just have to grab it!
Property ID: ila-121
Property Size: 321 SQ.M.
Land Area: 3.650 SQ.M.
Garage Size: 56 sq.m.
Property Type: Country House
* Annexes: 2, annex 40 sq.m., garage 56 sq.m.
* Swimming Pool: Possible
* Other Features: Rental Potential
* Condition: Good
* Access: White Road
* Electricity: Yes
* Water: Yes
* Telephone: No
* ADSL: No
* Gas: Yes
* Heating: Yes