ITALY, LAZIO, ROME
We offer for sale an elegant 189 sqm. third floor apartment within a building dating back to 1700. Interior finishes are the work of a local architect.
The toponym “ad capita Domorum” (or “at the head, at the beginning of the houses”) referred to, until the fifteenth century, the area that marked the eastern border of the districts Colonna and Trevi and indicated the limit of the town beyond which it became countryside. The place-name “Capo le Case” appeared for the first time in 1618, linked to the church of S. Giuseppe a Capo le Case, so called because once the street included also the stretch of road today called via Francesco Crispi. Via Capo le Case was inhabited by many artists and in the old “Albergo del Sud”, at number 56, Teresa of Lisieux stayed when in 1887 she came to Rome on a pilgrimage with her father and sister. The room of the Saint, marked with the number 1, remained intact for a long time despite the numerous restorations of the hotel until it was transformed into an oratory, then desecrated. The altar was subsequently brought to S. Maria degli Angeli.
In via Capo le Case within a beautiful building with doorman this elegant 189 sqm. apartment consists of: entrance hall, a large living room, dining room, guest bathroom, kitchen with breakfast area, 2 bedrooms, one on two levels with en suite bathroom and second bathroom with shower. There is also a terrace of about 20 square meters can be accessed via a staircase from the living room and master bedroom
CONDITION AND FINISHES
Wooden beamed ceilings, several built-in closets and boiserie in light lacquered wood give charm and elegance to this beautiful apartment. It has air conditioning, refined furniture and excellent decor throughout.