ITALY, TUSCANY, FLORENCE, MUGELLO
Elegant Medici villa of 1550 sq.m., used for high-level accommodation, with swimming pool and 4 hectares of land, in the green of the typical Tuscan hills, near Scarperia in the Mugello area to the north of Florence.
Access to the property is down a tree-lined avenue, from which you can glimpse the charming loggia leading to the imposing halls connected by round arches and enriched by frescoes and coffered ceilings.
The first salone has an impressive 14th-century pietra serena fireplace bearing the coat of arms of the well-known Florentine family.
The second hall is named Michelangelo for its frescoes restored according to the traditions of the artist’s school.
The third and final hall bears the name of one of the most important glass artisans of the 19th century, Galileo Chini, whose work we can admire here.
The property is divided into four internally connected units, although it presents itself as a single property.
Currently used as a high-end hospitality business and location for elegant ceremonies, the villa is equipped with a professional kitchen and various ancillary rooms for the business.
The upper floor of the main body houses 8 suites of various sizes, from 35 sqm to 80 sqm, all with en-suite bathrooms with Jacuzzi tub or shower.
Some of the units are now used as private residences, but can easily be used for the hospitality business, being internally connected.
The prestigious villa is surrounded by its beautiful private park of no less than 4 hectares on which lies the wonderful swimming pool designed by the famous architect Porcinai, with panoramic views of the surrounding hills. In the park are two redwood trees and a Chapel which is still consecrated, which dates from 1729.
The first construction of the villa dates back to the 1400s, built on the foundations of an ancient Ubaldina tower dating back to the 11th century, which is still identifiable. it was Lorenzo and Giovanni de’ Medici, sons of Pier Francesco di Lorenzo de’ Medici, who commissioned the construction of the villa.
In the 1700s it underwent numerous restoration work, which preserved the characters of the oldest original layout, while the recent renovation was carried out by the current owners.
Ideal as a private and exclusive residence in the heart of Tuscany and perfect at the same time for those who wish to continue the receptive activity excellently started by the owner family.
The property is located in the heart of Mugello, 7 km from the highway exit, 6 km from the Golf Club Poggio dei Medici, 14 km from the Designer Outlet, 8 km from the Autodromo and halfway between the important art cities of Siena and Florence, the renowned resorts of Chianti and the sea.