ITALY, TUSCANY, FLORENCE, SAN CASCIANO IN VAL DI PESA
Renaissance Villa and Estate in Chianti for Sale
Villa and Estate in Chianti for Sale. The historic Renaissance villa with its classic Tuscan gardens is situated on a hill near Mercatale in Val di Pesa, 14 km from the historic centre of Florence amongst vineyards and olive groves that produce the fine wines and oils of the area. Just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Florence and Florence airport and 50 minutes from Siena the property is close to Impruneta and Greve in Chianti.
The villa was once used as a convent for girls and later as an agricultural estate. In recent years, the famous Dutch painter Karel Appel lived and worked in the annex between 1989 and 2000. The property is now used as an accommodation business.
This magnificent estate includes 1,900 sqm, or more than 20,000 square feet of living space 69 rooms in total (28 bedrooms and 28 bathrooms). There are two luxurious private villas, 3 annexes and a historic residence offering 5 apartments. Surrounded by 5 hectares of land, the estate includes 4 beautiful formal gardens with 3 panoramic swimming pools, a hectare of vineyard and a producing olive grove.
All the buildings have been carefully restored by local Tuscan artisans, strictly according to the rules of the “Belle Arte”. Refined Tuscan colours, ceilings with wooden beams and original terracotta floors. Tastefully decorated bedrooms (air conditioning) with romantic wrought iron beds and marble bathrooms. Everywhere there are terraces overlooking the Tuscan countryside.
Ground floor: Large elegant entrance with a characteristic stone staircase, bright main room with fireplace and access to a splendid panoramic terrace for outdoor dining, spacious large kitchen and dining room, private study, guest toilet, office, large double bedroom and bathroom.
First floor: 2 large reception rooms, living area, library, 4 large bedrooms all with private bathrooms.
From the living area, a staircase leads to a panoramic tower.
The private Chapel dates back to 1647.
A complete restoration was carried out in 2005, where original ancient wall decorations on the upper part of the walls were found under the plaster and professionally restored. Painting of Saint Lucia on the altar.
The original painting (1647) by Jacopo Vignali was removed in 1990 and since then inserted in the Great Hall of the Villa.
There are 9 different apartments and houses in total.
A luxurious detached villa, an annex with 3 apartments and the Fattoria, which consists of 4 apartments.
The estate covers 5 hectares including a small vineyard of almost 1 hectare of Chianti and an olive grove with a good production of olive oil.
Accessed via an impressive cypress lined drive.
4 beautiful formal gardens with fountains and marble sculptures, the Giardino Secreto, the Lavender Garden, the Rose Garden, the Romantic Park, olive groves, vineyards and a private forest.
3 swimming pools surrounded by large terraces.
Playground and ping pong.
Ideal as a luxury resort and an important private villa.
View all our properties on our website casatuscany.com.