ITALY, tUSCANY, FLORENCE
We are delighted to be able to offer you one of the most beautiful properties available in Tuscany, a 12th century Chianti castle with a large number of apartments, a pool, about 10 hectares of land and an illustrious history.
It is just 20km from Florence and caters for weddings and events, and offers a luxurious experience.
It was renovated in the 17th century by a noble family with an impressive tower inspired by famous Florentine buildings and today is in good condition, earning a substantial income from rentals and events.
Surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, in a luxurious location in Chianti.
Swimming pool, 10 hectares of land including Italian garden, and many terraces and seating areas, restaurant, chapel.
With origins dating back to 1135, this spectacular castle sits proudly on a hilltop enjoying beautiful south-facing views over typical Tuscan countryside only half an hour from Florence.
Facts at a glance:
- Just 20km from Florence
- 39 apartments in total including 28 apartments in the castle, varying from 25 – 300 sqm, some with 5m high ceilings and frescoes from the 17/18th century, plus annexes outside the castle with 11 apartments varying from 30-200 sqm.
- In total 71 Bedrooms, 56 bathrooms.
- Large common living and dining areas, restaurant, cellars, two incredible chapels. The cellar floor could be restored for further usable rooms.
- Total floor area 7,000 sqm, of which the castle is 4,400 sqm.
- A park of 10 hectares with beautiful Italian gardens (dating back to the 18th century) with lemon trees, ancient olive trees and a swimming pool (12 x 6 m).
- Two restaurants. Main restaurant – open in the evenings, serving traditional dishes. Open not only to guests, but also to the public. There is a second restaurant used when there are events.
- The property offers weddings, conferences and events also.
- Turnover: the castle is a healthy business with a high turnover, further details can be provided on request.
- For those interested in winemaking, there is a winery for sale nearby which could be used for making wine with castle’s label.
FURTHER DETAILS ON APPLICATION.