ITALY, TUSCANY, PISA
EXTERIOR PHOTOS ON REQUEST
We are delighted to offer you this old farmhouse which has been beautifully restored using old and salvaged materials and elements, with great views, not far from services and only 15km from the coast.
The house is 300 sqm and is on 2 floors, with two living areas, a study used as a workshop (which could be used as a bedroom), an incredible kitchen, and a bathroom on the ground floor.
On the first floor there are 2 bedrooms (and a study which could also be a bedroom) plus 2 more bathrooms.
The property is accessed by a private gate and there is a 100 metre untarmacked road to the house.
There is a lovely iron veranda where you can enjoy a fantastic panoramic view.
The ground floor has many wonderful original features, such as the floors with antique terracotta tiles, and in the kitchen are the original cotto tiles dating back to the 1800s. The kitchen is an incredible room with a huge 3-metre sink salvaged from a 1700 convent.
The kitchen has both a wood stove and a gas stove.
The kitchen leads to the dining room which has a fireplace, parts of which date back to the 1800s.
Another living area with the similar beautiful details, such as hexagonal cotto tiles and a ceiling with restored beams.
Then there is the study, currently used as a workshop, which could be an addiitonal bedroom, and a bathroom with shower.
All ground floor rooms have access to the front garden.
On the first floor there is the first double bedroom with a study next to it (which could also be another bedroom), and a bathroom with shower.
Then there’s the large main bedroom suite with the bedroom with wooden floor, a large bathroom with double basin and bathtub, and a wardrobe area.
The main bedroom is unique with its beautiful glass and iron windows in the old vent openings.
The land around the house is 3 hectares, and includes a terraced garden with fruit trees, olive trees in the back garden and forest with a stream.
There a well used to water the garden.
Close to the house is an old annex of 50 sqm to restore.
A swimming pool is also possible.
A few details about the restoration works;
– the roof has been totally replaced, using chestnut wood and original salvaged Tuscan tiles
– motorized skylight in the roof in the largest bedroom (on the 1st floor) and in the kitchen on the ground floor
– structural consolidation and damp-proofing and insulation of the foundations
– renewal of the electric, plumbing and heating systems with mains gas heating, boiler and stylish radiators
– renovation of the bathrooms (three – 2 on the first floor and one on the ground floor) using recycled materials (shower tray using ancient millstones and coating with cocciopesto plaster done by hand. The largest bathroom adjacent to the main bedroom also has a bathtub with feet, an original single piece in German cast iron from the early 1900s)
– the tiling in the sinks in the bathrooms (all in marble) and around the bathroom fixtures as well as at the kitchen sink used reclaimed tiles – 18th century Neapolitan ceramics called “riggiole”.
Within walking distance of a village with shops and restaurants.
Within very easy reach of Pisa, Lucca and the coast.