ITALY, TUSCANY, FLORENCE, PONTASSIEVE
Monastery near Florence with Pool and 14 Hectares
Monastery near Florence. This impressive former monastery is located in the Florentine countryside, approximately 25km from the city centre. Surrounded by countryside and olive groves, the property enjoys lovely panoramic views.
Dating back to the 1200s, the estate comprises a main villa which once housed a monastery with 9 other buildings (1,532 sqm in total). The estate includes land of approximately 14 hectares divided into 4.5 hectares of olive groves (800 trees), woodland and parkland, along with a panoramic swimming pool (8×4 meters) with a surrounding patio and gazebo. It has various equestrian features such as stables, ring and arena.
1. Central farmhouse
Stone building dating from the 1200s, an ex monastery of the Frati Vallombrosani, 470 sqm.
It has been mostly restored with the exception of some cellars.
The building has 4 apartments of various sizes and 4 bedrooms, as well as a large living room, dining room and large kitchen.
Restored in traditional style. There is a stunning pietra serena fireplace with columns in the living room on the ground floor, and a marvellous kitchen with island.
2. Haybarn next to the farmhouse. 270 sqm, stone, on 2 floors, to restore. From about 1200 to 1500 it was the church for the village of Pelago.
3. Covered areas for machinery. Stone structures of about 65 sqm, to restore, near the farmhouse.
4. Stone annex of about 26 sqm, partly a boiler room, partly used for storage.
5. Wooden agricultural annex of about 68 sqm used for storage.
6. Cottage on the river. A ruin of about 33 sqm near the stream in a lovely position.
7. Agricultural annex, formerly for animals. Now demolished, with footprint of about 300 sqm and maximum height of 5.5 m, to rebuild.
8. Wooden stables. On cement foundations, approx 212 sqm, L shape with 10 stable boxes, with doors to the rear also to exit to the land, saddlery with alarm, washing area.
9. Club House. Wooden structure on cement foundations, about 36 sqm.
10. Haybarn. Wooden on cement foundations. 43 sqm.
11. Ring and Arena.
The estate includes a terrain of approximately 14 hectares divided into 4.5 hectares of olive groves (800 trees), woodland and parkland, along with a panoramic swimming pool (8×4 meters) with a surrounding patio and gazebo.
All necessary utilities are present.
Energy class: F
Pontassieve 7km, Florence 25km, San Gimignano 75km, Siena 90km, Rome 260km.
View all our properties on our website casatuscany.com.