ITALY, TUSCANY, PISTOIA, PESCIA
OFFERS INVITED. Previously Listed for €5 million
Situated in the rolling hills of Tuscany, this breathtaking estate comprises a stunning villa dating back to the 1600s and a wonderful farmhouse.
The villa was built in the 1600s as a summer home for Cecchi de Rossi family. The estate has been immaculately maintained by the same family ever since.
The striking estate is sure to impress any guest or visitor.
The property includes two terraced gardens; one Italian and the other full of ancient roses. They stretch out behind the villa and are connected by a walkway of fragrant camelias and hydrangeas.
Curated over the course of two centuries, the gardens provide a wonderful setting for weddings and cocktail parties.
Watch the sun slowly set over the Tuscan countryside from the property’s idyllic hilltop location and sip wine made of grapes from the estate’s own vineyard. End your evening under clear starry skies on the natural terrace, surrounded by nature in your very own paradise.
The villa (950 sqm):
As a 17th century piece of Lucchesia’s living history, this villa has stood the test of time. Flawless white stucco walls and three tidy rows of windows draw attention to the original front doorway, crafted from pietra serena, a grey sandstone iconic to Tuscany and Florence Renaissance architecture, and boasting the Cecchi de’Rossi family crest.
The villa and its spectacular gardens are integral in the history of Lucchesia, and its decor nods to its deep historical roots.
Stepping past the pietra serena archway brings you into its spacious grand entrance, complete with a striking stairway.
Frescoes, paintings, and tapestries throughout its 950 sqm interior evoke a sense of true timelessness.
The breathtaking ornate ceilings, finishes, mouldings, and terracotta floors are true works of art waiting to be enjoyed.
A 100 sqm conference room with a kitchen and 3 service bathrooms, and a 90 sqm original chapel, 12 bedrooms, and 8 bathrooms ensure the villa offers ample and flexible space to host guests.
The farmhouse (365 sqm)
A quintessential Tuscan farmhouse provides a comfortable escape for guests or staff.
Once the home of the farmer who oversaw the Cecchi de’ Rossi estate, the farmhouse in modern times has been renovated to contain three separate apartments.
Hedges separate the farmhouse’s grounds into 3 private spaces (one per apartment).
Its 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, and 4 kitchens can be readily reverted to a single accommodation.
2.5 hectares of olive groves, boasting around 450 trees, and a spectacular 6 x 12 metre pool with ample deck space to lounge make the exterior as inviting as the interior of the home.
Terracotta floors and warm wood finishes contribute to its charm.
The Tuscan countryside stretches as far as the eye can see, spectacular scenery made even easier to enjoy thanks to the estate’s hilltop location. Despite the tranquil natural surroundings and iconic rural feel to the estate, it is only one kilometre from Pescia, on the plains between Lucca and Florence, and only 40 feet from the village of Collodi, where the mother of Carlo Lorenzini (the author of the world-renowned novel Pinocchio) was born.
The meandering streets and old-world ambiance of Pescia are undeniable even with modern improvements.
Ancient architecture and elegant churches stand between restaurants, shopping, and a modern hospital that is appreciated by Italy and the EU.
Lucca, one of Tuscany’s most beautiful cities, is only 18km away. The coast is only 30km away from your front door, with its abundance of beautiful beaches. Venture 35 minutes to Forte dei Marmi, a glamorous beach resort famous for its high fashion shopping, fine dining, and glitzy nightlife. Or, rent a sun lounger at one of the chic beach clubs and enjoy la dolce vita. 50km will bring you to Pisa, or 55km to Florence, ensuring the estate’s rural atmosphere is within a stone’s throw of modern comfort.
– Grand entrance to property with centuries-old holm oaks
– Spectacular views of the Tuscan countryside
– 6x12m swimming pool
– Private gardens including a walled rose garden and Italian garden with terracotta statues
– Farmhouse apartment grounds separated by hedges for privacy
– 2.6 hectares olive grove with 450 trees
– 1.5 hectare vineyard
– 420 sqm equipped cellar and garage with a capacity 8 people bedroom/4 bath apartment above
– 100 sqm Vinsantaia
– 75 sqm shed with indoor parking
– 100 sqm conference room or “Sala delle Carrozze” with kitchen, 3 service bathrooms, and an exit to a shady park composed of ancient cypresses and holm oaks with boxwood hedges (siepi di bosso) that border the various terraces
– 90 sqm chapel
– Facilities to produce DOC vinsanto (the only one produced under D.O.C. Valdinievole standards in Italy and the world), wine, and DOP olive oil
– Water cistern fed by a private spring
– Man-made lake with enough fresh water to irrigate the entire estate
– Fifteen minutes to thermal water treatment in Montecatini and Monsummano
– International golf course in Montecatini
– Skeet and trap international field in Montecatini
– Ten minute walk to tennis courts all year long
Transportation: Suburban train line to Florence High Speed Train Station (40 minutes); and to Lucca (20 minutes); Viareggio Beach (40 minutes); Florence and Pisa International Airports (50 minutes)
Distances: 1km to Pescia | 18km to Lucca | 50km to Forte dei Marmi | 50km to Pisa | 55km to Florence
View all our properties on our website casatuscany.com