ITALY, TUSCANY, SIENA, SINALUNGA
Large Historic Winemaking Estate with Pool
The large historic estate dates back to the 17th century and is made up of the main villa on three levels + basement, a private chapel, a guesthouse used as agriturismo, various storage places, a lemon house, a beautiful Italian garden and a swimming pool (13x7m).
The land, included in the sale, is approximately 20 hectares, divided into vineyards, olive groves, woods and arable land.
The main building has vaulted ceilings with frescoes, wooden coffered ceilings with gold finishes, terracotta floors on the ground floor and original 17th century floors century.
The guesthouses, used as business accommodation, features the classic finishes of Tuscan architecture with terracotta floors, ceilings with wooden beams and joists and terracotta tiles.
The entire property, of approximately 2,660 sqm in total, offers 16 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.
It could be a permanent residence or used as a holiday house. In any case, it would be wise to continue the agricultural activities (especially the wine and oil production).
This winemaking estate is located in a convenient position, just a few kilometres from the A1 motorway. It is easily accessible by an asphalted road. It overlooks the Val di Chiana and Sinalunga on one side and Lucignano and Cortona on the other.
Condition: Excellent. Last renovation in 2010. The second and third floors of the main villa need to be restored.
Cellar of approx 40 sqm
Ground floor (300 sqm):
- Large living room
Kitchen with fireplace
4 rooms used as cellars
First floor (300 sqm):
- 3 bedrooms
2 living rooms
Second Floor (300 sqm)
- 8 bedrooms
Third floor (190 sqm):
- Currently an attic but it would be suitable to convert in to usable living space.
Lemon house in masonry functional to the storage of lemon trees
– Private chapel (on two levels, approximately 100 sqm) dating back to the first period of construction of the property. By manually moving the platform of the altar, you can reach a semicircular crypt with ancient burial ovens.
– Cellar (655 sqm including relevant accessories) containing 4 concrete tanks and 8 oak barrels, as well as some functional equipment for winemaking, consisting of various rooms used in the past as a carpenter’s shop, bread shop and beehive shed for the bees.
– A renovated apartment for the caretaker (about 120 sqm) with kitchen, living room, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a garage (about 30 sqm).
– Next to the villa there is a structure that decades ago was used as a dwelling for farmers and the farmer. The large building (approx. 625 sqm) built in brick and distributed over three floors was originally used as follows:
- Upper floor: Olive storage
- Central floor: Large vats were kept for harvesting the grapes and the first boiling of the marc
- Lower floor: This floor still consists of a large fully equipped cellar for the production of wine.
– Part of the complex has been conveniently converted in to an agriturismo guesthouse and is surrounded by a beautiful 5000 sqm garden. It comprises: reception/office flanked by living room / kitchen, bathroom, lounge, internal staircase and warehouses, 5 bedrooms with 5 bathrooms and a suite/loft with bathroom. All rooms have been finely restored an/or maintained in the classic Tuscan style, with typical furnishings of the place and common areas obtained from former barns and former stables.
Approx. 20.5 hectares (51 acres) and consists of: approx. 2 hectares (5 acres) of vineyards; about 2.5 hectares (6 acres) of olive groves; approx. 6 hectares (15 acres) of wood; about 10 hectares (25 acres) of slightly hilly arable land where, in the past, cereals and vineyards were grown.
The vineyard is registered in the Chianti Colli Senesi D.O.C.G. The arable land lends itself to favouring an expansion of the area destined for vineyards as most of the land is exposed to the sun throughout the day.
Lush “Italian-style” garden with paths and circular flower beds, centuries-old plants and large pines.
Swimming pool: 13x7m, with Jacuzzi.
Garage: Approx 30 sqm, enough for two cars.
Distance from services: 4km.
Distance from main airports: Perugia 71km |. Florence 111km | Rome 180km.
Utilities: Phone line | Wi-Fi | LPG heating | Well to collect rainwater | Mains water + electricity
Air conditioning in the country house. Electric gate.
Energy Efficiency Rating: G
View all our properties on our website casatuscany.com